Friday, April 23, 2010

Visiting Rights For Everyone!

After reading a couple of my classmates blogs, Sarah’s blog (Visiting Rights; What's Next?)caught my attention. Her topic is controversial because it talks about the rights of gays and lesbians. I think her intended audience are people who are in favor of gay and lesbian rights. Her article is very straight to the point in favor of gay and lesbian rights. Her article is about the memorandum that President Barack Obama signed stating that gays and lesbians are now allowed to have non-family visitors which they can grant their medical power of attorney. To be honest I didn’t know that gays and lesbians were not allowed to be visited by non-family members, this is new to me. I thought that everyone in spite of their sexual preferences had the right to visited in hospitals by their loved ones. I agree with Sarah when she states that this memo means a lot to many sick people. When I was in the hospital two years ago, I had the privilege to be visited by my family, friends, and my boyfriend; this helped me felt much better. I also concur with Sarah’s opinion about the courage of President Barack Obama to make things right for all the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment